Cyberaware lets you use SCORM 1.2, TinCan, and CMI5 content to enhance your courses and make your training more engaging and efficient.
In this guide, we'll cover:
- What SCORM, Tin Can and CMI5 are
- How to add SCORM, Tin Can and CMI5 content to your courses
- How to generate reports on your SCORM, TinCan, and CMI5 content
- How to track user activity related to TinCan and CMI5 content
Let's have a quick look at the three standards:
- SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) is a set of technical standards for eLearning software products and the de facto industry standard for eLearning interoperability (i.e., SCORM tells programmers how their code can cooperate smoothly with other eLearning software).
More specifically, SCORM governs how online learning content and Learning Management Systems communicate with each other.
- TinCan API (AKA Experience API or xAPI) is an interoperability specification for learning content. It captures and stores data about a wide range of a learner's (or a group of learners') online and offline learning experiences from various sources and in a consistent format.
Different systems can then communicate with each other through the common TinCan vocabulary to share these data streams for various uses.
- CMI5 is a contemporary eLearning specification. CMI5 takes advantage of the TinCan API as a communications protocol and data model while providing stricter definitions for components essential to system interoperability such as packaging, launching, credential handshake, consistent information model, etc.
How to add SCORM, TinCan, and CMI5 content to your courses:
1. Sign in to your Cyberaware account as an Instructor and go to a course page.
2. Click Add and, from the drop-down list, choose SCORM | TinCan | CMI5 (2).
Note: You can also drag and drop your zip file directly into the content area.
3. Click Upload a SCORM, Tin Can or CMI5 ZIP file (3) and choose a file from your local drive.
4. From the Show as (4) drop-down list, choose whether you want your file to be Embedded or show up as a Pop-up dialog box.
5. When your file is uploaded, you see a Size (5) section, where you can set the Width and Height of your content in pixels.
6. Click Save and view to add the uploaded content to your course.
How to generate reports on your SCORM, TinCan, and CMI5 content
SCORM, TinCan, and CMI5 objects each have separate completion rules. When a user meets these conditions, the unit is automatically completed. If the content contains a quiz, then the user's score is pulled and stored by Cyberaware.
To generate reports on user activity related to SCORM content:
1. Sign in to your Cyberaware account as Administrator and go to Home > Reports.
2. On the right-hand panel, click SCORM Reports (6).
Note: You can also view solved SCORM quizzes, get a questions analysis, and export them to an Excel sheet.
How to track user activity related to TinCan and CMI5 content:
1. Sign in to your Cyberaware account as Administrator and go to Home > Reports > Timeline (7).
2. From the Event (8) drop-down list, in the TinCan section, choose the type of TinCan activity you want to report on (e.g., [TC] completion).
3. Click the export symbol (9) to export the report as a CSV file.
You did it!
You can now import your SCORM/TinCan/CMI5 content and easily track what and how your users are doing.